Our skilled nursing services usually involve a short-term stay focused on rehabilitation therapies and more advanced nursing.
Helping-hand and nursing services are an outstanding resource at times when medical and personal care needs become too much to handle at home. This may be due to a recent surgery or health event, an illness that has worsened, a fall, or increased frailty. Many people stay for a short time before returning home after their strength, balance and health are restored through:
- Post-operative care
- Diabetes management
- IV therapy
- Wound care
As a member of our community, you should feel free to bring items that make your stay more restful and comfortable to feel more like home. We suggest:
- Enough comfortable clothing for 7-10 days, labeled with your name. We are happy to help with labeling, or you can do it before you arrive.
- Pajamas and a robe
- Hearing aids / glasses / dentures
- Non-skid supportive shoes and plenty of socks
- Books, magazines or favorite reading materials
- Cell phone if desired
- Family photos (our maintenance staff can assist with hanging pictures on the wall)